My depth chart of the guys they list:
1. Vollmer - can’t understate the value of keeping Brady upright in his twilight years.
2. Patrick Chung - he needs to stay healthy, but is a great locker room presence and our only somewhat-proven starting safety.
3. Brandon Spikes - I think the combo of him, Mayo and Hightower is going to be a deadly trio. But as of yet I don’t think the Pats need to break the bank for him.
4. Aaron Hernandez - I love Hernando, and he’s vesatile, but I think he’s going to think he’s worth a little more than the Pats are willing to offer.
5. Devin McCourty - Nobodies going to be giving McCourty a lucrative free agent offer after 2011. He needs to bounce back this year and then his stock could rise as far as number three, still behind Vollmer and Chung.