Nothing gets me more hot and bothered than a defensive depth chart and I always love how Greg Bedard puts his together. It’s not one of those run of the mill/paint by numbers/3-4 defense ones.
Interesting things to point out here is Ninkovich’s move to left end. I’m sure he’ll be standing up sometimes, but it would be a departure from even last year if Pats are less concerned about stopping the run with a big Ty Warren-esque left end?
This is clearly more of a nickel front based on that, but as we’ve been saying all off-season, nickel is the new base. I think the run stopping front seven version of this looks as so:
Or how about the 3-3-5 front. Something like this maybe:
Question on that one is who comes off, Ninkovich or Hightower?
For the 4-2-5 nickel I think you pull Hightower or Spikes, unless you put Hightower with his hand in the dirt to rush off the left end. Then you pull Ninkovich.
It’s not a direct position battle but there is definitely some role battles between Hightower and Ninkovich. And Carpenter I guess, but I’m really not expecting him to be a big contributor just because he was out there in mini-camp.
- get-stupidd reblogged this from patspropaganda
- brady12hof likes this
- shes-got-her-smile-on likes this
- tupave reblogged this from patspropaganda
- thesalvationofturin likes this
- innocentgigglesnkisses likes this
- theeryanleflare likes this
- collectedclutter reblogged this from patspropaganda and added:
- jonnygonzalez42 reblogged this from patspropaganda
- victor2k reblogged this from patspropaganda
- This was featured in #NFL
- patspropaganda posted this