Exciting news today as Tom Brady looks like he’ll remain a Patriot until the day he retires, and with the last contract he’ll ever sign with the Pats, made a statement of the kind of player and person he’s been throughout his career:
For the second time in his illustrious career, Brady is doing something players in this day and age simply do not do: As he did in 2005, Brady, a league source told SI.com, is signing a contract with New England that will pay him significantly less money than the market will bear, in large part to help the Patriots stay competitive for the next five seasons. Amazingly, according to the source, the deal is for an eye-poppingly conservative $27 million, which is less than half his worth by any measure.
The Pats should have enough cap space now to get something done with Welker, and it sounds like they’re trying to. This would explain why Brady took a team-friendly deal. It will ensure the Pats are able to put a lot of talent around him.
So this is it folks. Tom Brady has five more chances to get that elusive fourth Lombardi Trophy. The Pats should be well set-up on both sides of the ball to help him get it.
Great news all around for Patriots fans and the 2012 league year isn’t even over yet…
- katiedora likes this
- brainbows reblogged this from patspropaganda
- tennis-balls reblogged this from patspropaganda
- blarchitect likes this
- crushmebaby reblogged this from patspropaganda
- thesalvationofturin likes this
- victor2k reblogged this from patspropaganda
- marchandwakefield likes this
- fullofdreamsyouoverslept reblogged this from patspropaganda and added:
- theillusivewoman likes this
- d-a-b-e reblogged this from patspropaganda
- dakarlman reblogged this from patspropaganda
- blogalicious likes this
- thesmokeybear likes this
- brevetcaptain likes this
- patspropaganda posted this