Daily post is up at SportsBlog, taking a closer look at defensive end and some possible fits.
(via All 32 NFL Team Uniforms Were Redesigned AGAIN, This Time by a Talented Designer | Bro Code, Hot Girls, Funny Stories and Videos, Frat Music, College Stories, Sports News and Videos - BroBible.com)
Of all the fake uni mockups I’ve seen over the years, this is one of the better ones. I think you need to keep the red facemask though. The blue uni one is the only one I really like though, the other two seem disjointed to me. I’d just go full grey and full red and see how that looks.
I don’t need the flesh tone on the Flying Elvis either…
What a long, strange trip it’s been since I started blogging about the Pats in December of 2007.
And yes, that’s a real Ernie Adams autograph. Possibly the only one in existence and easily the coolest autograph I have. Real Patriots fan know who that mystery man is.
Frenz and I are back on the podcast train this morning, talking offseason including Frenz’ experience at the Combine, the Pats’ free agents and the external free agents they might be targeting. Hope you’ll listen in!
Good stuff throughout this one from Frenz. We’ll be firing up a podcast later this week to get rolling on the offseason.
H/T to Rich Hill for the find.
Sorry for the lack of activity here the last few days, I have officially dove into the draft and at this point, narrowed down by Pats prospect list to 89 players. Yes, I’ve been buried in the draft and I’ve been enjoying it.
I’m still a long way from having them close to any kind of order, but some general thoughts so far…
- Really impressed with the number of quality players coming out this year. A lot of captain-types who definitely ping my Pats sense.
- For all the talk about Amaro, I’m focused more on the “Y” threesome of Seferian-Jenkins, Niklas,and Fiedorowicz. There are other F options down the line.
- As much as I’d love an undersized penetrating defensive lineman like Donald, I think the Pats would still lean towards a player like Hageman early on. Specialty rushers could be found later, not that I’m sure the Pats are ready for a specialty rusher like that.
- Taking a hard look at the pocket passers, including AJ McCarron. I think this is a good time to really look for a QB for Brady to help groom.
- Don’t love the cornerback or running back classes as far as the Pats are concerned.
- There are quite a few good centers. Sorting through them trying to find where the best value is and who is most desirable. The biggest thing as I see it is trying to get bigger at center and guard to deal with the middle pressure Brady struggles with so much.
- I like a lot of later round wide receivers as well. Haven’t quite found where the mid-round value guys are though.
- A collection of good hard-hitting strong safety types are sprinkled throughout the middle round range. I wouldn’t rule one of those guys out, especially if they bring a new dynamic to the safety group. That need will be easier to evaluate after free agency.
- Having a hard time finding good value on a defensive end who could contribute immediately. More and more I think they address the #3 DE need via free agency. They need to know they’re going to get something out of that spot and it’s too risky to rely on the draft for it. Pass rushing is an art form that is best developed with NFL experience.
First mock draft of the season will be out on B/R on Thursday. It will be a little rough, but on last year’s first mock draft I had both Dobson and Boyce, so maybe there’s something to be said for not over-thinking it.